The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)and the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) have instituted regulations that demand compliance surrounding the storage of financial records and electronic communication.
PowerSync Professional assists with SEC / NASD Regulations in each of these areas:
- Data is verified automatically every time a backup takes place.
- Data is available for online restore 24 x 7. All backups are stored with the catalogs (indexes) and accessible to authorized users at all times.
Data resides on RAID-protected industry leading NAS / SAN storage devices with multiple levels of redundancy. In addition, regular backups guarantee availability of stored data.
GLBA affects a wide range of financial institutions such as banks, thrifts, credit unions, and insurance firms as well as any firm engaged in activities including:
- Mortgage Lending
- Credit Card Activities
- Securities Brokerage Activities (Including Dealers and Advisors)
- Insurance Sales (Underwriters and Agents)
- Tax Planning and Preparation Services
- Investment Advice